Tuesday, May 22, 2007
WHEN YOU GET TO HEAVEN AND HAVE BEEN THERE 10,000 YEARS, YOU’LL HAVE NO LESS DAYS TO SING HIS PRAISE THAN WHEN YOU FIRST STARTED. AFTER YOU’VE BEEN THERE THAT LONG, YOU MAY HAVE SEEN A LOT OF THE PROPHETS OF OLD. ( PEOPLE LIKE MOSES, ABRAHAM, ELIJAH, DAVID, OR JOSHUA.) SOME OF THEM MAY BE GATHERED AROUND TELLING OF THE EXPLOITS THEY DID FOR GOD. YOU MAY BE LISTENING IN ON THE STORIES WHEN THEY NOTICE YOU STANDING THERE. THEY MAY STOP AND ALL TURN YOUR WAY AND SAY, " HEY, YOU LIVED UNDER A NEW COVENANT, A BETTER COVENANT. IT WAS ONE ESTABLISHED ON BETTER PROMISES; A COVENANT WE DESIRED TO LIVE UNDER. TELL US THE EXPLOITS AND SACRIFICES YOU DID FOR THE LORD. TELL US HOW YOU CHANGED YOU GENERATION FOR THE LORD. WHAT DID PEOPLE THINK OF OUR GOD AND HIS COMMANDMENTS, AND HOW DID YOU RESPOND TO THEM? TELL US HOW YOU OVERCAME EVIL WITH GOOD. WHAT MIRACLES OF GOD WERE WROUGHT AT YOUR HANDS? WHICH OF THESE HERE DID YOU BRING INTO THE KINGDOM? "
WILL YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY? DID YOU DO ANYTHING, AND IF YOU DID WAS IT SOMETHING THAT COUNTED FOR ETERNITY? OR WAS IT A SELF-- GRATIFYING REWARD THAT YOU GOT IN YOUR LIFE ON EARTH?
WHAT WAS THE MOTIVE FOR DOING THE THINGS YOU DID? WAS IT SO YOU WOULD LOOK GOOD AND GET A PAT ON THE BACK AND THE PRAISE OF OTHERS?
1 Corinthians 3: 1- 15.. KJV
1. And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
[ PAUL COULDN’T SPEAK TO THEM AS SPIRITUAL ( REGENERATED DIVINELY SUPER NATURAL ) BUT AS UNTO CARNAL ( CONTROLLED BY UNREGENERATED ANIMAL APPETITES, GOVERNED BY HUMAN NATURE, FLESHLY ) AS BABES ( SIMPLE MINDED IMMATURE CHRISTIANS ). ]
2. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. [ MILK: RUDIMENTARY SPIRITUAL TEACHINGS ] [ RUDIMENTARY: FIRST PRINCIPALS ] [ MEAT: THE WEIGHTIER MATTERS ]
3. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4. For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5. Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6. I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
8. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
9. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
10. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13. Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
HAVE WE WORKED TOGETHER WITH THE LORD , OR BY AND FOR OUR OWN SELVES? ARE WE THE KIND OF PERSON THAT TELLS WHAT WE DID TO OTHER PEOPLE FIVE TIMES IN TEN MINUTES? DO WE WANT ALL TO KNOW WHAT WE HAVE BEEN DOING. DO WE SHOW EVERYONE THE FRUIT OF OUR WORKS? DO WE POLISH THEM UP AND SAY LOOK AT WHAT I DID? OR DO WE WORK FOR THE LORD AND LET HIM REWARD US ?
THERE ARE MANY AREAS WHERE WE COULD LOOK TO SEE RIGHT AND WRONG MOTIVES, BUT LET’S LOOK AT ONE SUCH AREA. LET’S GO FOR SOMETHING SIMPLE SUCH AS A CHURCH BAKE SALE. A PERSON THAT BRINGS A DONATION AND SAYS, " MOST PEOPLE ARE ONLY BRINGING ONE THING, BUT LOOK AT WHAT I HAVE BROUGHT. I BROUGHT COOKIES, CAKES, AND HOMEMADE BREAD. ) THAT IS A PERSON SEEKING RECOGNITION FOR THEIR GIFTS. THAT IS A WRONG MOTIVE.
WHAT IS OUR MOTIVE? ALL OUR WORKS IF THEY WERE BUILT ON ANYTHING BUT CHRIST, THEY WILL BURN. VERSE FIFTEEN SAYS WE WILL BE SAVED , BUT WE WILL SUFFER LOSS -- THE LOSS OF EVERYTHING WE THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO GET A REWARD FOR. WILL YOU BE IN HEAVEN WITH A REWARD OR WILL YOU BE A SINGED NO REWARD CHRISTIAN? I SAY SINGED BECAUSE IF YOU HAD A WRONG MOTIVE YOUR WORKS WILL BURN.
IF YOU ARE CLOSE TO A FIRE SINGED IS WHAT YOU WILL BE.
SINGED:: to burn superficially or lightly :
Friday, May 18, 2007
Passage Proverbs 30:24-28
24. There be four things which are little upon the earth, but they are exceeding wise:
25. The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer;
26. The conies are but a feeble folk, yet make they their houses in the rocks;
27. The locusts have no king, yet go they forth all of them by bands;
28. The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces
WE ARE GOING TO LOOK AT THE SPIDER. THE SPIDER KEEPS WORKING.. KEEPS PRESSING ON. KEEPS PRODUCING. THE SPIDERS WEB IS PRODUCED FROM WITHIN AND PUSHED OUT. THE SPIDER HAS EVERYTHING IT NEEDS WITHIN IT'S SELF TO MAKE IT IN THIS WORLD. GUESS WHAT IF WE KEEP PUTTING THE WORD OF GOD IN OUR HEART WE HAVE EVERYTHING WE NEED WITHIN US TO MAKE IT IN THIS WORLD. WE GRASP IT IN OUR HEART AND BIRTH IT INTO THE WORLD BY FAITH.
1 JOHN 4:3-4
3. And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
THE SPIDER IS CONSISTENT. THAT IS HOW WE SHOULD BE. AS LONG AS THE SPIDER IS ALIVE HE IS UNSTOPPABLE. YOU CAN KNOCK HIS WEB DOWN AND HE IS NOT PHASED. HE DOESN'T STOP, CRY, WHINE, GO INTO A DEPRESSION, OR GIVE UP.
HIS WEB IS GONE, BUT HE STILL HAS IT IN HIM TO KEEP ON PRODUCING AND HE MAKES ANOTHER WEB.
KEEP ON KEEPING ON
13. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
HAVING DONE ALL TO STAND...STAND THEREFORE.
YOU CAN KNOCK THE SPIDER OFF HIS WEB AND AS HE IS FALLING HE KEEPS DOING WHAT HE KNOWS. HE PUSHES A THREAD OF WEB OUT AND IT SLOWS AND BREAKS HIS FALL SO THAT HE ISN'T HURT. THE SPIDER HAS EIGHT EYES , HOWEVER HIS EYESIGHT IS POOR. HE IS A GOOD HUNTER NOT BECAUSE HE SEE WELL BUT RATHER BECAUSE HIS LEGS ARE COVERED WITH FOLLICLES THAT SENSE MOVEMENT OR THE VIBRATIONS FROM MOVEMENT.
THE LESSON OF THE SPIDER IS THIS....THE WORD OF GOD, AND GOD HIMSELF IN YOU IS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO OVERCOME ANYTHING IN THIS LIFE. KEEP WORKING AND DOING WHAT YOU KNOW. LEARN TO BE A DISCERNING SPIRIT RATHER THAN TRUSTING WHAT YOU SEE WITH YOUR EYES.
2 COR. 5:7 ( FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT)
Ecclesiastes 8:5 Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment.
TIME: APPOINTED TIME
THERE IS A TIME AND A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING AND WE ARE TO BE ABLE TO DISCERN IT FROM OUR HEART.
Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
THE WORD SENSES HERE IN THE GREEK IS A WORD THAT MEANS: THE CAPACITY FOR SPIRITUAL APPREHENSION.
THAT IS WHY YOU MIGHT MEET SOMEONE AND THEY LOOK PERFECT, SO PRIM AND PROPER. THEY MIGHT TALK THE TALK, AND SAY ALL THE RIGHT WORDS, BUT SOMETHING INSIDE SAYS THIS ISN'T RIGHT. DON'T KNOW WHY, DON'T KNOW THE REASON, BUT KNOW SOMETHING IS WRONG. THAT'S YOUR SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT. ON THE OTHER HAND THINGS MAY LOOK ALL WRONG BUT INSIDE GO HAVE A GREEN LIGHT THAT SAYS THIS IS ALRIGHT. THEY CAN LOOK GREAT AND BE GREAT AND YOU KNOW THEY ARE OK. THAT'S YOUR SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT. IT IS COMING FROM THE HEART AND NOT THE HEAD. HOW YOU EXERCISE THAT DISCERNMENT IS TO ACT ON IT.M WHEN SOMETHING GETS IN A SPIDERS WEB HE IS ON IT, NOT BECAUSE HE SAW IT BUT RATHER BECAUSE HE SENSED IT. A SPIDER DOESN'T HAVE A SPIRIT AND HAS TO RELY ON VIBRATIONS FELT THROUGH THE FOLLICLES ON HIS LEGS. WE ARE TO DO THAT THROUGH OUR SPIRIT. THE SPIDER SENSES THROUGH PHYSICAL SENSES BUT WE ARE TO DO IT THROUGH OUR SPIRITUAL SENSES. HAVE YOU EVER SENSED SOMETHING WAS COMING ? GOOD OR BAD ... RIGHT OR WRONG.. NOT BECAUSE YOU SAW IT, YOU JUST KNEW.
EVER GET A COBWEB ON YOU? IT STICKS, AND IS HARD TO GET OFF. WHAT IS A PROBLEM TO FLIES, BUGS, AND ANYTHING THAT TOUCHES IT, IS NO PROBLEM FOR THE SPIDER. HE GLIDES OVER IT WITH EASE. THE SPIDER PRODUCES AN OIL THAT KEEPS IT FROM STICKING TO THE WEB. WE ARE TO BE LIKE THE SPIDER. WE HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT ANOINTING. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS COMPARED TO OIL IN THE WORD. WE ARE ANOINTED BY THE OIL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT TO DISCERN AND KNOW AND SEE AND GO RIGHT THROUGH THE STICKY THINGS OF LIFE THAT OTHERS GET STUCK IN AND BOGGED DOWN WITH. WE WHO HAVE TAKEN A LESSON FROM THE SPIDER AND PUT GOD'S WORD IN OUR HEARTS, PRODUCE FROM WITHIN AND PUSH OUT THE ANSWER, AND WALK BY THE DISCERNMENT OF THE SPIRIT, AND NOT BY SIGHT, AND HAVE THE OIL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN OUR LIVES ARE ANOINTED TO GLIDE THROUGH AND OVERCOME THE PROBLEMS OF THIS WORLD.
In sports you have a coach, a play book. Team mates, and opponents. The game has structure, rules, and regulations. It has penalties if you break a rule. Every play is designed to reach a goal. Every play of your opponent is designed to stop you.
The bible is God’s play book. In it is his general game plan. Every game has referee’s. God has a referee also.
In Colossians chapter 3 we find some great truths and instruction as to things we should not get into and some things to put on or do. Let’s read it.
Passage Colossians 3
1. If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
5. Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6. For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7. In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
8. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10. And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11. Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13. Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
15. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
16. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him
IN VERSE 15 WE FIND GOD’S REFEREE. LET THE PEACE OF GOD RULE IN YOUR HEARTS. " RULE" A MORE LITERAL TRANSLATION IS " BE THE REFEREE". WHEN THE REF BLOWS THE WHISTLE AND THROWS A FLAG IT MEANS A FOUL HAS BEEN COMMITTED. a RULE HAS BEEN BROKEN AND A PENALTY IS ENFORCED. THE PEACE OF GOD I S OUR REF AND WHEN WE DON’T HAVE PEACE IN OUR HEART WE NEED TO STOP AND SEEK GOD’S GUIDANCE AND FIND OUT WHAT WE NEED TO DO. GOD’S REF TRIES TO WARN US BEFORE WE MAKE A WRONG MOVE OR DECISION AND KEEP US ON TRACK. REMEMBER YOU WILL NEVER LOSE GOD’S PEACE BECAUSE OF WHAT OTHERS DO, IT WILL BE BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU DO. GOD’S PEACE IS THERE TO STOP YOU SO THAT YOU DON’T MAKE THE WRONG MOVE AND TO KEEP YOU WALKING IN VICTORY.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
While reading one day I came across a section where the author was describing a painting in a French museum. This painting was called " CHECKMATE ". In it was chess board and the black rook and black queen were close to the white queen and white king. A man was sitting at the board with his head hanging forward cupped in his hands. On the other side was the devil laughing at him.
This piece of art speaks volumes. It has many layers of truth. To me the chess game represented life. The moves it took too get to where the playing pieces were at were choices made when the devil or simply life’s problems arose, or choices made in following the steps made in following the call of God on our lives.
In chess your opponents goal is to put your king in what is known as checkmate. Giving your king no outs and any move would result in him still being in checkmate. And your goal is the same against him. In life just as in this painting it is not people, places, or things that are our enemy, but rather the spirit that drives them. ( the devil )
The board has 64 squares in which you may choose to move your playing pieces. To me these squares represent choices that we make to take ground and neutralize the enemies advance into our lives, or choices we made that gave ground because we didn’t see a trap of the enemy.
One day as a tour was going through the museum and going on after looking at the Checkmate painting one person stayed behind studying the painting. After a while the tour guide came back and ask if there was a problem. The person said, "I am a chess champion, and as I look at this painting I think they need to change the name." " Why, " ask the guide. " Because you see the king still has one more move.
The artist painted it this way to get us to think. The man in the painting as well as in life at times thought or perceived he was checkmated. He was deceived by his own eyes. He still had options. His king still had one more move.
Example.. Have you ever been getting dressed and you looked to see which was the front and back of what you were putting on and after you got it on you discovered it was on backwards or inside out . Our senses can fool us. They can give us a false perception. We can not trust our senses.
2 Corinthians 5:7:
(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
FAITH : truthfulness, conviction, consistency
SIGHT : exterior appearance, that which is exposed to view, that which strikes the eye.
How you perceive or the perception you have can put you in bondage or set you free....
Your perception is formed by what you give yourself too. The worlds way or God’s Way. The world will always oppose God’s way.. You can tell how much of the worlds way of thinking is in the church by simply saying what God says and stepping back and seeing if they agree or disagree. It is very important what you spend time looking at and listening to.
What you give yourself to will get into your heart. From your heart is where the issues of life are dealt with. What you perceive in your heart is what you will believe and act on From the heart you create your world...
Passage Proverbs 23:7:
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
This scripture is telling us that a person can tell us something and not be telling us what they truly believe. Ever hear a sportscaster say about an athlete, " His heart isn’t in it today"? That athlete has in his heart perceived he can not do it and has given up. When an athlete is so far behind there is no way to catch up, but he keeps on giving it his all, they say he sure has heart.
In proverbs 23:7 the word thinketh mean to estimate; to form an approximate opinion of( as to size, amount, number, etc) to form an approximate opinion about, a rough calculation based on incomplete data.
You are to study the word and as you do you will gather more data of who you are in Christ and what you can do and believe for and your perception and opinion or what you think in your heart will change, and you will be that.
The devil will try to work through circumstances and problems or people to cause you to form opinions and perceptions of yourself as worthless and useless. He will try to get you to perceive that you will never overcome.
As we grow in the Lord and listen to His Spirit as he gives guidance we will make the correct choices from the heart. Never give up always look up.
Let’s look at the of the chess board of life in the life of Elijah and the life of a widow woman that God sent him too.
Several times the widow woman was in a place she felt checkmated ( no way out ) but the Lord had one more move each time.. We have a king and he is the KING OF KINGS and he can never be checkmated
When ministering this lesson I used a large cardboard chess board with the squares being four inches square. I took a sheet of white and a sheet of black foam board and cut out thirty-two 4 inch squares of both. These squares would represent events, and choices made in life. I took First Kings Chapter 17 and broke it down into 19 squares of events and choices or moves made in life as in a chess game. This chapter is about a time in the lives of Elijah and a widow woman and I added things we face in our own lives and answers we can choose on the rest of the squares. If we truly believe and trust the Lord we will never be in checkmate. We will always through our King have One more move.
1 Kings 17
1. And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word. 2 .And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, 3. Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan. 4. And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.
5.So he went and did according unto the word of the LORD: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.
6. And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.
7. And it came to pass after a while, that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land.
8. And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying,
9. Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.
10So he arose and went to Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, behold, the widow woman was there gathering of sticks: and he called to her, and said, Fetch me, I pray thee, a little water in a vessel, that I may drink.
11. And as she was going to fetch it, he called to her, and said, Bring me, I pray thee, a morsel of bread in thine hand.
12. And she said, As the LORD thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.
13. And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.
14. For thus saith the LORD God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth.
15And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days.
16. And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by Elijah.
17. And it came to pass after these things, that the son of the woman, the mistress of the house, fell sick; and his sickness was so sore, that there was no breath left in him.
18. And she said unto Elijah, What have I to do with thee, O thou man of God? art thou come unto me to call my sin to remembrance, and to slay my son?
19. And he said unto her, Give me thy son. And he took him out of her bosom, and carried him up into a loft, where he abode, and laid him upon his own bed.
20. And he cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, hast thou also brought evil upon the widow with whom I sojourn, by slaying her son?
21. And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, I pray thee, let this child's soul come into him again.
22. And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived.
23. And Elijah took the child, and brought him down out of the chamber into the house, and delivered him unto his mother: and Elijah said, See, thy son liveth.
24. And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the LORD in thy mouth is truth.
As we look at these nineteen squares of the Chess Board of the lives of Elijah and the widow woman. Moves of the enemy were made to try to cause them to think Check Mate. It’s over no way out. And we see the Lord had one more move each time. The people had to obey and make a move and then the answer opened up. Elijah was Ask to hide by the brook. He had to go and do this, and the Ravens brought the food..
When the brook dried up he had a choice. God said to go to the widow woman. He could have thought check mate it’s over and stayed there and died. He went and when he found the widow she was in a mind frame of check mate. She had a small amount of meal and was going to fix it for her and her son and eat it and die. The Lord had one more move. He told the prophet to ask her for a cake first and then she and her son could eat and her barrel of meal wouldn’t waste nor the cruse of oil fail until it rained on the earth again. She had to make a choice. She had to make a move. She did and meal and the oil never ran out.
We come to many choices every day. The enemy is working to neutralize us and wants us to give up. He wants us to think there’s no way out.. CHECK MATE Jesus has overcome the world and greater is he that is in us than he that is in the world. In Jesus our King we always have one more move. God is always presenting us with a choice as he directs our steps.. He never asks us to do anything that he hasn’t equipped us to be able to do. We must choose too step out and obey and put the enemy in check mate in our lives.
I was watching an episode of the show House tonight and he was playing a game of chess against a boy. The boy spoke up and rattled off a series of moves and counter moves and said to house you are going to lose so just turn the king over and accept it now.. House laid his king over. He kept the board as it was and studied it and found out he could have won. He told the boy this and the boy said I know I was bluffing. House took what he heard and formed a perception that he was going to be check mated and gave up.. That is what the devil tries to do to us. He tries to push us down and into believing that we just can’t make it but God always has a way. You can not check mate God. Life is series of choices. Never think there is no way out. Always choose God and his way. He has the answers for anything that is wrong in your life.