Monday, November 13, 2006

BASICs - FUNDAMENTALS
Have you ever had things not go the way they ought to be going? It appears that you are doing all the right things, but it is just not working like it should in your life.
King James Version (KJV)Passage Song of Solomon 2:15:
15. Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
It is the small foxes that spoil the vine. They cause it to not produce as it ought to produce. If something is damaged or if something is omitted that needs to be a part of the process, it will not work as it should work. Or if we are holding on to unforgiveness not matter how small it will stop us from receiving. If we thing God will do it for others and maybe us, then we are not having trust and faith in Him to honor his word concerning us.
There are times that we are looking at all the big things to find out the problem, that we over look the basics. The fundamental foundation may have a problem.
BASIC: RELATED TO FORMING A BASE OR ESSENCE
ESSENCE: THE ULTIMATE NATURE OF ANYTHING .. THE ATTRIBUTES BY WHICH SOMETHING EXISTS
FUNDAMENTAL: SERVING AS AN ORIGINAL OR GENERATING SOURCE .. RELATING TO ESSENTIAL STRUCTURE OR FUNCTION
I’m going to give you an example of basics not working and causing a problem in the natural world. Our car started to run rough and jerky. The check engine soon light would come on and go back off. This happens when the oxygen sensor goes bad so I changed it and It started misfiring, and getting worse. I changed the spark plugs and no difference in operation. The fuel pump was a little weak in pressure, so I changed it and the filter. It got worse. The things I had done were things that needed to be done, but with no improvement, it only got worse.
I got on the Internet searched for the answer to the problem. I found some web sites where people with the same kind of car were having the same problem. They listed all the things they had done and with no good results. The problem remained. One site listed the possible solutions from the least expensive to the most expensive. ( the devil is shooting thoughts at me. What are you going to do know. Your car is done. ) I said if it ran good once it can do it again. There has to be an answer. I was praying for wisdom on this situation, and Sue was also asking for wisdom in this matter. I run an on board computer trouble code search, and this reported that there was no trouble codes present. But the evidence said there is a problem, for this car barely runs. We prayed and ask for wisdom concerning this cars problem.
James 1:5
Passage James 1:5-8:
5.If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8A. double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
I had to trust that word. I ask for wisdom and it would come.
I told my wife that I was going to get gas in the van, and then go by the auto parts store and talk with them about the car some more. As I left an urgency to go to the auto parts store, before getting gas, came on me. So I changed and went to the auto parts store first. In talking to the counter man he suggested I hook the car up to a diagnostic code reader that would check the car with the engine running. I rented the tester and went home and ran the test. The answer was no trouble codes present. WHAT NOW? What I could not see or recognize was that the Lord was positioning me to receive the answer, the wisdom I ask for was on the way. I had to be in the right place at the right time to receive the answer. By changing the order of where I was going it put me in a different time sequence. I never had gone to get the gas, which would have caused me to miss the answer. I took the tester back and when I got there two men were going in at the same time. I opened the door for them and let them go in first. As I was talking to the counter man about the problem and the fact that the code reader could find no problems, one of the two men spoke up. It was the answer I needed. He said, "I have come across this problem many times. It is not an electrical circuit problem. It's a problem that goes unnoticed by a code reader. It is a basic problem. It is the coils." I replaced the coils and the problem was cured.
You see no matter how many complex circuits they add to a car, there are still basic things that will always be. All of the complex circuits were working fine, but one of the basic circuits was not.
NEVER FORGET THE BASICs. If it is not going as it ought to in your life and you have been praying about it, check if you are doing the basics. Nothing will work right if any of the basics are not present.

King James Version (KJV)Passage Mark 11:22-26:
22. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

25. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

26.But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Most Christians have heard Mark 11:23-24. They know that a mountain represents any problem standing in your way. They have heard that if you speak to the mountain and tell it to go, and do not doubt in your heart, but believe what you say will come to pass, it will come to pass. They know that the things they desire, when they pray about them, if they believe they shall have them.
Is it going like that for you? Is it going as it ought to go in your life? If not, them we must find out what is wrong.
I have heard many sermons on receiving, and on speaking to the problem. Only in one sermon from a young minister did I ever hear verses 22 and 25-26 mentioned. When it appears that it is not going as it should, people always check and see if they are speaking to the problem and believing and not doubting, and thinking, I am doing it right, what's the problem?
This young minister showed us all that day what the problem was. We were not checking the basics.
Number One Basic verse 22.. Have faith in God.. Fully trust Him. Make no plan for failure, because God can not fail.
Number Two Basic verse 25 .. If you have anything against anyone forgive them, or you can't receive forgiveness.
If you don't have trust in God to do it, or you are walking in unforgiveness, no amount of saying or speaking or believing will cause you to receive what you are expecting.
Do not neglect the basics. You must have all the Basics working in order to have the manifestation of what you ask.
Remember we walk by faith not by sight. Once you make a stand and a declaration of faith. Don't look at the circumstances to determine if your faith is producing, because it is working on it ,and it will change. It may have taken you years even decades to get into the condition you are in and it may take a little time to be brought back to normal. Most of that is determined by just what you can believe. And not doubt. Most Christians I have encountered that are not walking in victory were not doing the things they needed to do. They looked at me like I was crazy when I told them they needed to speak to the problem. Faith can only do what is spoken.
There are spiritual laws that govern how the kingdom of God operates. It involves speaking. We will go into this in part 2 of this teaching on basics.

No comments: