Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING OR WOULD I

I WOULDN’T CHANGE A THING OR WOULD I
I’ m a little different. I always ask the Lord to teach me through anything, to show me a lesson from any source. Always the Bible, and maybe a song, a tv show, a movie, a story, anything. As I was on my way to the post office some time back I turned on the radio. A song came on talking about things that the singer wished he would have done, but now can’t. Things like ( got to know his father better, or told his brother he loved him as he went off to war instead of just saying goodby ). You hear people all the time say I wouldn’t change a thing, it is what has made what I am today. Let me ask you, " Could you be better than what you are, and could your relationships be in a better place than they are today? "
The song went on to say, " Some people say I wouldn’t change a thing even if I could well I would." In my own life I would change some things in my past if I could. I would have gotten to know my dad better and why he was the way he was.. I would have gotten some understanding of the bible and grown in God, instead of walking in bitterness.. I would have told my sister that I loved her instead of being silent as she laid there on that hospital bed dying. I was 18 years and 4 months old when I got saved and I spent the next 26 years walking in bitterness. That is 46 years and 4 months of going and living in the wrong way. So yes I would change some things.
HEBREWS 12:15AMPLIFIED
15. Exercise foresight and be on the watch to look [after one another], to see that no one falls back from and fails to secure God's grace (His unmerited favor and spiritual blessing), in order that no root of resentment (rancor, bitterness, or hatred) shoots forth and causes trouble and bitter torment, and the many become contaminated and defiled by it–
I left a wake of contaminated and defiled people behind me. I never was in a church that was instructing people as to how to live based on God’s word so I lived as the world. I was easy to hurt and I would seek to get back at those who hurt me. No church taught me to walk in forgiveness and to not take offence. When we come to Christ we are babes and need nurturing and teaching, because we know nothing. I finally grew and God got me on track, but there was a lot of wasted years and damaged people to try to fix. A few minutes of acting wrong can take years and even a lifetime to correct or never. That is why I speak out to those I see walking the wrong path, in hope’s that I can jog them enough to turn then in the right direction. So they don’t wake up one day with a mountain of regrets.
Taking offence and walking in un-forgiveness is where the devil will attack. If he can get you there he will lead you into bitterness and that will eat you up along with everyone who comes in contact with you.
Forgiveness is the main thing. Do not take offence at what others do, but rather walk in instant forgiveness. Sometimes we see it different than it is meant, or don’t understand why it was done that way, and it wasn’t meant to hurt or harm, but we have taken it that way.
Mark 11:25-26 Amplified
25And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and
let it drop (leave it, let it go), in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop.
26.
But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings.
Did you now you can be caught up in un-forgiveness even with people who are dead and gone. It isn’t hurting them, but it’s killing you. Sometimes it is buried deep in your heart, lurking there, holding you back, and you don’t even realize it. I am going to share with you an account of what happened to me one day as I was driving home. I had been to a town up north and was returning, and as I approached my town there are two cemeteries just outside of the city limits, one of which my dad is buried. The Lord spoke to me to turn in and drive up to my dads grave. I did this and parked beside his grave. I asked, "why am I here?"
The Lord said we have to address some issues that are deep within your heart which are holding you back, and you don’t even realize it. Ok what do I do now? The Lord said, " This will not help your dad for he can not hear you, however it will help you. I want you to look at his grave and speak to it as if you dad could hear you. Tell him what you would say if he could hear you. Talk just like he was standing before you." I sat there looking at that grave and thinking what would I say. Then it poured out. I said," Dad you left this earth way to soon. I never really got to know you. You were always just outside of my reach. I never understood why you never got close to your family. When you were there it was like you weren’t. You provided for us, but were not a part of us it seemed. Lot’s of things have happened since you have passed on. I would like to introduce you to your granddaughter Zoe and your grandson John, which you never got to see as they were born after your passing. I have held it against you for keeping us at a distance and leaving this life while in that state. Why were you the way you were is what I would like to know? Lord that is what I would say to my dad if he were hear to listen" The Lord then spoke to me and said," Mike you have harbored un-forgiveness towards your dad, and it’s deep within you, and we can now deal with it, and get rid of it once and for all. I’m going to show you why your dad was like he was, what made him that way. First he loved you and all his family more than you can understand, and that made him hold you at arms length. He was not always that way. He was very close to you the first 5 years of your life. He was very close to his own dad. Your dad never leaned on me, and held everything inside himself. I never created man to lean on himself. A person can not take the stress of this like upon himself, he must give his cares to me, because he can’t deal with them. Your dad tried to deal with it himself. When you were 5 your grandpa died. He ask to speak with your dad. The conversation they had that day will never be revealed, but that is the day your dad changed in his family life. Your dad took that conversation to the grave with him. When asked about it he would say it was between his dad and him and on one else. I have to respect that and can not reveal it to you what was said there that day. I can tell you this. The passing of your grandpa hurt your dad deep, because they were so close. He tried to deal with it in his own way not letting me comfort him. So your dad never wanted to hurt that deep ever again, and started to push people away and build walls to protect his heart from that kind of hurt ever again. Now you can understand why." I left that cemetery that day forgiving my dad and with a new understanding of the man. I talked to my mom about what happened that day. She said that my dad was loving, out going, and very close to his family, and the day my grandpa died it all changed. That confirmed everything the Lord spoke to me that day in the cemetery.
So I say to anyone reading this you may not know the whole story and may never now it about why others acted they way they did in your life, but you must forgive anyway. It will only hold you back if you don’t.
Matthew 18:22-35 KJV.
22. Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
23. Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
24. And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25. But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
26. The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
27. Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28. But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29. And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30. And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31. So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32. Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
33. Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34. And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
35. So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
WE HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN A GREAT DEBT THAT WE COULD NOT PAY AND WE SHOULD FORGIVE OTHERS.....
YES I WOULD CHANGE THE PAST IF I COULD, BUT SINCE I CAN’T I WILL CHANGE THE PRESENT. PLEASE SEARCH YOUR HEARTS’S AND ASK THE LORD TO SHOW YOU THINGS YOU CAN DO NOW SO THAT IN 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 YEARS FROM NOW YOU WON’T HAVE TO SAY I WISH I COULD GO BACK AND CHANGE THAT. SEARCH YOUR HEART’S AND SEE IF YOU HARBOR ANY UN-FORGIVENESS TOWARDS ANY AN FORGIVE THEM. THIS WAS HARD FOR ME TO WRITE SA IT TOOK ME BACK TO THAT DAY IN THE CEMETERY, AND IT WAS JUST AS REAL NOW AS THEN. THE TEARS FLOWED AND THE MEMORY OF WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN, CAME RUSHING IN FILLING MY HEART. IT IS WORTH IT TO RELIVE IN ORDER TO HELP OTHERS. MY DAD DID GET HIS HEART RIGHT AND IS WITH THE LORD. HE MADE IT RIGHT THE DAY HE DIED. I WILL GET TO SEE HIM AGAIN.

No comments: