GOD CAN COOK
Psalm 127 (KJV.)
1. Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
1 Corinthians 3:10 . According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon
We must understand and follow the plan in order to build anything. You have to know how to read the blueprint language. God has a blueprint for your life. A plan for you to live and walk out in this life. He has made all the provisions you will need. You must know the provisions and how to receive them. How do I get what God says I have into my life?
God knows how to Cook. He is a master Chef. Anybody here ever cook anything? Ever cook something that you needed to follow a recipe? We in the past have talked about setting a precedent. That is the first time something is done it sets a standard for all other things of a similar nature to follow. Example was the first miracle Jesus did in turning the water into wine. All other miracles will follow that same precedent. You have a need. You ask what to do about that need. You listen to the Lord and do what he says. Then the miracle happens. The need is met. This is found in the Gospel of John chapter 2 verses 1-11. The second miracle is found in John 4:46-54. All of the elements that were present in the first miracle were present in the second, and followed, and a miracle happened.
The Lord has me at times see the same teaching in a different light, so it can be grasp by people who did not understand it the way it had been presented before. That is why I said God is a master Chef, and he can cook. Every cook needs recipes. The bible is God’s cookbook full of recipes. Every recipe has a balance. It has a list of ingredients that when put together, mixed, and baked or fried give a end result of something good tasting to eat. Leave out some ingredients or put too much of one or more ingredients, or over cook, or under cook the recipe, and not so good of a result.
example.. I worked at a restaurant and the man who fixed the salad bar had to make sweet and sour potatoes. Ever eat sweet and sour potatoes? There is a balance in the sweet and sour taste that when done right compliments each other and tastes good. This recipe made 5 gallons at a time. One of the ingredients was 2 cups of salt. He read it wrong and added 2 quarts of salt. That was the worst tasting mess ever.. One thing done in the wrong amount ruined the resulting food. He had to do it all over. A cook book has many varied recipes in many different kinds of foods. God wants you to look at His Word as a cookbook with many recipes for life in all areas of your life. If you follow the instructions you will get the desired results.
Here is one recipe for life.
Passage Mark 11:22-29(KVV.)
22. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
23. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
25. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
26. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
27. And they come again to Jerusalem: and as he was walking in the temple, there come to him the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders,
28. And say unto him, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority to do these things?
Here is another recipe for life (Salvation)
Passage Romans 10:8-10 (KJV.)
8. But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Follow it and you will be saved. I have been places where the minister said all who wish to be saved raise your hand. Ah yes I see those 5 hands. We have 5 new brothers and sisters in the Lord. That is not the way God said we get saved. We must follow the word like it says. There are many in churches thinking they are saved and they are not. They are trying to live a christian life and can’t. They keep falling and getting into things they should be able to withstand. Ever wonder why so many fall away?
This is what can happen when we don’t follow the Word as it is written.
20. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity
Some recipes have a ingredient that you can replace with another and have a great result. Take blueberry muffins, you can replace the blueberries with raspberries or strawberries and have a great muffin with a different taste. However you still have to follow the recipes other ingredients and baking instructions.
God has many things in His word that we can partake of such as healing, deliverance, protection, and we can add them to Romans 10:8-10 and get the results we are seeking.
Example 1 Peter 2:24
Passage 1 Peter 2:24 (KJV.)
24. Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Follow the recipe for life the Lord gave us in Romans 10:8-10
Listen to the scripture in first Peter 2:24. Confess it with our mouth, and believe it in our heart. With the mouth confession is made unto healing.
Hebrews 11:1-6 Faith, hope, and evidence are always main ingredient’s in God’s recipes for life, however they need an activator ingredient that will solidify them. An activator is a converter that helps change things.
1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2. For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
4. By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
5. By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
6. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
All of God’s recipes have a base ingredient that must be in every thing(faith),and an activator ingredient, or it won’t work. The activator is found in Galatians 5:6, and that ingredient is LOVE.
Galatians 5:6 KJV.
6. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
I have a Betty Crocker cook book. All of the recipes are hers, however I can follow them and cook up the same results she got. All of the recipes for life in the Bible are God’s, however sent Jesus to give us what we need to use His recipes in our lives and get God’s results.