Saturday, June 30, 2007

TESTIMONY PT. 1
Hello everyone. My name is Michael. I have been a Christian since 1975. My experience in the church was bad, and not the way it should have been. It has been said that Christians shoot and bury their wounded. A lot of them do, because they have never renewed their minds and hearts to the Word of God. They call themselves Christians and walk in the world.The church I first attended was not teaching any thing helpful to a Christian, let alone a new convert, a babe in Christ. When I started going I was not a saved person. My girlfriend attended there so I went with her, and we got married, and continued to attend. I got saved in that church, only because of a group that came and ministered the Word of Salvation to us. Six months of sitting in services at that church and never heard any word on salvation. We continued there for about 2 years.Never were we taught the things we were to need to walk this new life. Nothing on Walking in Love, forgiveness, not taking offence, health and healing, miracles, authority in Christ, or anything we really needed at all. In 1977 we moved to another church that was teaching more of what was needed to live in this world as a Christian. Only they weren't living or walking the talk they were speaking.I got offended ....!!! Hurt..!!!! And unforgiving..!!!!! Which lead to a life of bitterness for the next 23 years.. (What a waste) I continued to go to church, but it was out of duty not out of a heart of love, or being thirsty and hungry for righteousness and the kingdom of God.In 1982 We moved to a third church and sat there 18 years out of duty, sulking in bitterness, not able to walk in the calling on our lives to teach, preach, and sing the Word.One day in the year 2000 something happened that caused me to think and reflect on a statement that my daughter said about me. That day it all turned around for me. Angry and upset over what she had said, I sat in my study alone, when I spoke out loud to myself a question. I said, " what she said was true, so why am I getting so upset over it?" Just as I said that I heard a voice say," I'm glad you ask, now we can get this taken care of." What happened after that changed me from an unforgiving, bitter, unproductive, hurtful, not able to help others, into a minister of the Word, seeing people healed and set free, helping others find the way, helping others grow in the things that they need to walk in Victory in this life in Christ.I am doing my best with God's help to keep others from walking down that long wasted path i walked, being bitter and unproductive. God has us testifying of our past ( being like an open book ) and then teaching a foundation of what we need to live a Christ centered lives. How to deal with hurtful, unforgiving, offensive, unlearned in the scriptures, rejecting people. And not not becoming like that, but instead becoming one who walks in Victory and draws people to Christ.The day it all turned around in my life was awesome. The Lord just started speaking once that question left my lips. I am going to take you through that day and what the Lord showed me in the Word that transformed me from a loser to a winner in Christ.I will be talking about a dark past that I never really wanted to even remember let alone share with others. The Lord said to be an effective minister that I would need to be an open book, nothing hidden or covered up, in order to reach and help others. I told Him yes I can do that, so in the next blog posting I will go through my testimony of where I had been, and what happened on that day of the great turnaround, to where I am today. Then the Lord and I will start some foundation teaching and build on that, to deeper things in Christ. REMEMBER THAT GOD IS LIGHT AND IN HIM IS NO DARKNESS AT ALL.JOHN 10:10ANYTHING THAT KILLS, STEALS, OR DESTROYS IS FROM THE DEVIL.AND ABUNDANT LIFE TO THE FULL COMES FROM GOD.

No comments: