Saturday, June 30, 2007

TESTIMONY PT. 2
Many things happened from the time I gave my heart to the Lord until that turn a round day in 2000. As I stated in the First Posting the Christians, and Churches I attended were not teaching any substantial, meaningful, fruitful things pertaining to how to live a Christ centered life in this world. I was offended at them and found a church that taught more, but they didn't walk in it. I was more offended and found yet another church, where I spent 18 years pouting and drowning in unforgiveness and bitterness toward others. One day my daughter said a statement about me, and I got upset over it. When You live in bitterness even the truth will upset you. As I was sitting in my place of study thinking on what she had said, and rehearsing those words in my mind, I spoke out loud these words. I said, " What she said was true so why am I so mad and upset about it?" As soon as those words left my lips I heard a voice from deep within my heart say, "I'm glad you asked, Now we can take care of this problem in your life." All those years in church hearing the word but not living it was about to come to a head. That word was in me and God was about to bring it out and show me what I needed to do. On this day He turned my whole life around and launched me on a journey that amazes me.. First the Lord asked me if I remembered what my son had said his favorite scripture was.Sure I said it's Song of Solomon 2:15 which says, "Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes."He said that I had walked in bitterness and unforgiveness so long that it was like a brother to me, and I let the little things set me off, and they were choking the life out of me.He then directed me to go to MARK 11:22-26King James Version (KJV)Passage Mark 11:22-26:22And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.23For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.24Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.25And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.26But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.The Lord told me when it comes down to it without forgiveness nothing will work. First I had to forgive the hardest person in the world to forgive.( MYSELF ) and all the others I had ought against.He then directed me to this passage of scripture.Passage Hebrews 12:11-15:11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.12Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;13And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.14Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:15Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;The Lord said," Michael you have walked in bitterness, and you have defiled many. You can't progress and a lot of those you hurt haven't progressed either. " ( I'll come back to this point and tell you what I had to do to make it right.)There was one more set of scripture that the Lord took me too, that day, and it set me free so I could go back to HEBREWS 12:11-15 and do something about that root of bitterness, and those that I had defiled (hurt).He then took me to PSALMS 51:1-141Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.2Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.3For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.4Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.5Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.6Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.7Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.8Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.9Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.10Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.11Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.12Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.13Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.14Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.THIS IS AN AWESOME PASSAGE I BROKE DOWN AT VERSE 10Oh Lord what do I need to do.1. Realize the things that I've done.2. forgive others and myself and ask the Lord to forgive me.3. Ask God to remove that root of bitterness from me.4. Ask God to create in me a clean heart, and renew a right spirit within me.I did all those steps and what freedom came over me.. Heaviness lifted. Was that all I had to do? NO I had to go back to all those that I had hurt and speak to then about my life and my new life and ask them for forgiveness, and bring a restoration to all our lives... ( I'll tell you about that in the next posting.)

No comments: